Liposuction is the advanced procedure of that helps you to suck the extra fat from the body. Usually, this treatment procedure is used to remove extra fat from buttocks, thighs, backs and upper area of the arms, back, abdomen, chin, calves, and neck.
Are You A Good Candidate?
When you wish to get the procedure then you need to know if you are a good candidate for this treatment or not. For this purpose, you need to consult with an expert plastic surgeon. Keep in mind, you need to be very careful in getting this treatment as this is the matter of your life. As an average, if you have;
- good health
- weight within 25 pounds of your ideal weight
- the deposits of fat that are unresponsive to the exercise and diet
If you meet the basic health requirements and your age is 18+ then you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Who Aren’t The Good Candidates?
You aren’t a good candidate for getting a liposuction treatment if you have any of the following concerns.
- If you are a pregnant woman or a nursing mother.
- If you have such health issue that may interfere with the healing process.
- If you are taking blood thinners.
- If you have the allergy with the use of lidocaine. This medicine is required to be used in the procedure.
Goals/Aims of Procedure
The basic aim of getting the treatment is to get the proper and ideal shape of your body. Usually, people seek this treatment for their back, buttocks, abdomen, chest, inner knees, neckline, upper arms, hips, upper arms, and thighs.
- First of all, you need to spend a healthy lifestyle so that your surgery should be successful.
- Purchase all things in advance that you require for proper recovery.
- Get a suggestion from your doctor and take an off from your work in advance so that you can take good care of yourself.
- Avoid smoking.
- The most important is to get the realistic expectations so that you will be happy with the results.
The procedure of liposuction in Pakistan depends on the type of the treatment that you are going to achieve. The procedure can be performed in an outpatient setting or in a hospital. If minor surgery is required then the procedure needs to be performed in the outpatient setting and doctors can perform it in a surgical center. However, if the doctors require removing more fat then they need to perform it in a hospital. In this case, they may ask you to stay for a night.
General anesthesia (a medicine that is induced to get the person unaware about his sensations for a specific time period) is administered before starting the treatment. Here, the quantity of anesthesia depends on the type and level of severity of the procedure. It will up to the surgeon if he will inject local anesthesia or there will need to provide you general anesthesia to perform the procedure.
After that, the procedure is started with the help of a suction device. This device is attached to a cannula that is a small instrument made up of stainless steel. Small incisions are made and the cannula is inserted in the body to remove additional fats from the body. Moreover, a large syringe or a suction pump is used to complete the procedure. As a result, you get a body that is improved and properly contoured. When it comes to the time period that is required to complete the procedure, it depends on fats that require removing from the body.
Post-Op Care And The Recovery Time
It’s not enough to get the procedure done but you need to take proper care and follow some instructions after the procedure. Proper recovery is essential to get desired results.
- You need to continue the healthy lifestyle that you have adopted before the procedure.
- You need to follow the recovery plan that is advised by the doctor properly.
- You need to properly monitor your recovery so that you may know if there will be any issue.
- The most important aspect is to wait for the exact results. You need to show some patience as it may take some time to reveal the results.
- You need to adhere to the reality and know that you may gain some weight after the procedure.
If you really want to know the actual results of the procedure then you need to wait for the recovery of inflammation. You or your doctor cannot know the exact results until and unless the inflammation is gone. This may take some months. Usually, 4 weeks are enough to get rid of the swelling and you may make an idea what will be the results.
The results can be permanent if you will maintain your results. You should seek the help of your doctor in this regard. Most of the patients are happy and satisfied with their results. However, you need to discuss your issues, aims, and the expected results with your doctor before getting the treatment. In this way, you will know what to do and how to get amazing results.
This procedure is very beneficial and you will get lots of benefits through this procedure. This treatment is the non-invasive cosmetic procedure. Moreover, it helps you to build your confidence.
The cost of the treatment depends on the level of severity and the area where you require this treatment. You need to consult your surgeon for this purpose, as you will get to know about cost only after proper examination.